The Recent Posts Widget for blogger displays recent post titles and their summaries in your sidebar. You can customize this widget to display the recent posts of any blogger blog that you like. You can customize the number of posts to display, whether or not to display a post summary and even set the size of this summary(in number of characters).
For Further enhancements, you can add your own CSS styling and improve the look and feel of the widget,
How to add the Recent Posts Widget for Blogger?
Before adding the Widget just take a look at the Widget Settings
- Blog URL - This should be the URL of a blogger Blog. If you are installing the Widget on the same blog then you can leave this field blank . This field is useful for those who have multiple blogs.
- Number of Posts – The number of posts to be displayed in the Widget
- Show post date – If you want to show the date on which the post was made, then tick this option
- Show summary– If you want to show an excerpt of the post in the widget then tick this option
- Summary Size – This is basically the excerpt size. Anything more than this would be chopped off.
Now that you know about the settings, just click on the below button to add the recent posts widget to your blog
The Widget will be added to your blog and you will be taken to the Page Elements Page.
You can drag the widget to the appropriate position and save the layout
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to comment here